What theme should we use for our challenge in the month of October

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Animal Ear Hats and Plushies

So, I have been working on my newest endeavor which is inspired by japanese fashion. These little guys are my newest friends
I have made several and am selling some of them on my website at this point in time. I have about 10 different designs going on in my head for more right now so I will be quite busy on them for some time I am sure. They are made out of soft anti-pill fleece. The pattern was created by myself after much trial and error. I am working on my own storyline that I am basing the characters of my hats off of. Anytime that someone orders an original character based hat from me, they will also recieve a certificate with the segment of storyline relevant to their hats character. It will also show birthdate (date made) and the name of the character. And it will have a space/line for the new owners/recipients name.

I have also been working on some japanese styled plushies. Thus far I have had several requests for these little fortune cookie guys http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=19461268
who come in a variety of colors. I am going to pick up some red fleece soon and make a tomato plushie too. I also made a marshmallow (on the far left of this pic) http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r194/gildawen/101_0952.jpg

I hope to be able to stock up enough in supplies and hats within the next month or so to be able to do Tokyo In Tulsa as an artist/vendor. It costs $75 for the registration plus a $1.88 fee. That isn't too bad considering I will be around fellow anime fans/cosplayers all weekend and be able to make money whilst having fun at it!

Anyway, that is it for now. I will be making several more hats in different designs probably within the next two days, so check back soon!


8 comments:

  1. great start to your blog. can't wait to see pics of your work and your etsy mini on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did make my day - not only for the comment, but for your hats as well! What fun they are!!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new blog!
    I pick panda btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy blogging! I can't say on the hats because I'm not sure who the choices represent...but they are fun to see here in your pics!

    ReplyDelete