What theme should we use for our challenge in the month of October

Monday, August 31, 2009

And the contestants are...

Hello again all!

Today is the day that we have all been waiting for (hopefully). Today is the day that we show off a few items from our monthly challenge. Let me remind you all that tomorrow on the 1st day of the new month, I will add a poll to the top of this blog which will allow you to vote for your favorite item. You may comment on this post about each item if you wish to do so.

Here are the entries...

Entry # 1)
Marys Maids has provided for the contest, a lovely mermaid globe.

This item was inspired by ValerieEssentials sea scape gel candle


Entry # 2)

I myself (yes, I am not excluded from this just because I am blogging about it) a.k.a. KawaiiBuddies have chosen to create a bamboo resin and clay pendant.



This item was inspired by a photograph from LindaCaterpillar




Entry # 3)

Cherry Pie a la Mode and White Flowers Gift Card by LindaButterfly and ElektraJewelry


These two members really collaborated with one another to pair up a couple of their products that look well together.

Entry # 4)

Purple Butterfly, pink tulip greeting card made by LindaButterfly and Nanas NikNaks


This item was made using LindaButterfly's card making skills and photography skills as well as using a wonderfully cross stiched butterfly from Nanas NikNaks. They have a series of three more cards which are similar to these so be sure to check out their shops for more.


(click pictures for links)


As stated before, a poll will be posted tomorrow so that everyone can place a vote at which item is their favorite or the their idea of the best interpretation of the theme. Remember that the theme in collaboration and is all about getting inspired by other peoples items/crafts.

And don't forget to look at all of the awesome other items from our group members.

***I updated this entry because apparently my email box contains gremlins that eat my emails from certain people. If you have an entry and it hasn't appeared here, it is probably because my gremlins thought that your email was extra tasty. Please be sure to comment if I have missed something or someone. Or message me on CIC! Thanks for your patience as I work out the kinks.

8 comments:

  1. Wow... How creative they all are! Can't wait to vote! What you mean just because I'm on the team and was one to inspire another I can't vote? Bummer- lol... Seriously they do look great AND looks like ya'll had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can vote silly!

    lol ^_^ I had fun with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, everyone can vote, and we need lots of people outside the team to vote too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have been twittering about it so hopefully that pulls in some more objective votes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candace, I may not be up for this challenge. Why? Because I cannot figure it out. I am totally confused, disoriented, baffled, and not on drugs:)
    What do I do? whats the challenge? I like to think I keep pretty active in the group, how did I miss this? Maybe I am not active enough? Well the main thing is I want to take the challenge, I think, maybe?? help I am drowning in a sea of confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donald, the following post should explain everything. If it doesn't make sense still, please feel free to contact me on CIC or email me directly
    beads_elegance@yahoo.com
    You will need to know that the theme for September is Autumn colors.

    http://beautifulandcraftypirate.blogspot.com/2009/07/time-for-motivation-and-inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete